17.11.11

Images of Azeroth: 50,000 Words (25/50)



Gnomus Dramatis
I actually find it very difficult to take portraits of my characters given the limitations of the WoW user interface. Always having the character centered, the basic camera controls and the difficulty of getting truly interesting lighting tend to make every image I take of my characters look, frankly, like a video game screenshot. This image is an exception. It's an old one, when I was still playing my Warrior as my main and before I discovered my true calling as a healer. I love this shot because the lighting is wonderfully dramatic and unique.




Tanya

Ahh, weddings. Every photographer does them, at least at first. They are a constant, easily booked source of work, especially for a photographer that is just starting out. But they are demanding: bridezillas, extreme time constraints, large groups and rambunctious children are all some of the hazards that a wedding photographer will have to deal with. Photographing a wedding can be an exhausting exercise. 


But the results can be nothing short of spectacular. This is Tanya, one of my favourite wedding clients. We did this image on a very hot summer day at the top of a parking structure in the blazing sunlight. The location allowed for me to create a high-key lighting effect very naturally and easily, with amazing results. This image, and another that was done at the same time were two of my favourite wedding shots of all time, and were prominently displayed in my trade show booths, this one as a 24" x 24" print.




Angelya over at Revive and Rejuvenate has come up with another Challenge that I, as a Photographer and self-styled Visual Artist, am very excited about. It's IntPiPoMo, or International Picture Posting Month. As a picture is worth 1,000 words, the goal for this challenge is to post 50 pictures during the month of November. I will be posting 25 Images of Azeroth and 25 photographs or art projects that I have been working on personally (and no baby photos, sorry ladies). As well, I will be posting commentary and context with each image.

Please note that all World of Warcraft screenshots are copyright Blizzard Entertainment. The photographs are copyright Brad Stover and should not be reused without permission..

No comments:

Post a Comment