30.11.11

Images of Azeroth: 50,000 Words (52/50)



End Time

The Well of Eternity

Dead in the Caverns of Time




Pines #2

Well, this is the final post of my Images of Azeroth: 50,000 Words challenge for November. And of course, being me I couldn't just do the challenge, I had to overachieve; so I posted 52 images. 

This challenge was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, actually. Putting together the images - both from in game and out - took a lot of time and effort. I almost hope I don't see another screenshot for a while! But I really enjoyed doing it. I hope that you've enjoyed these images!



Angelya over at Revive and Rejuvenate has come up with another Challenge that I, as a Photographer and self-styled Visual Artist, am very excited about. It's IntPiPoMo, or International Picture Posting Month. As a picture is worth 1,000 words, the goal for this challenge is to post 50 pictures during the month of November. I will be posting 25 Images of Azeroth and 25 photographs or art projects that I have been working on personally (and no baby photos, sorry ladies). As well, I will be posting commentary and context with each image.

Please note that all World of Warcraft screenshots are copyright Blizzard Entertainment. The photographs are copyright Brad Stover and should not be reused without permission..

7 comments:

  1. The bottom photograph is amazing, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing pics! thanks a bunch for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fannon you get +2 Internet Dragon Skill points for the extra screenshots. But to be honest, with your professional talent and ability in taking real life photographs, your screenshots should count towards your overall Success Hit cap of Digital Dwarven Dominance.

    Well done sir, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for taking part in IntPiPoMo Fannon - your screenies are always awesome and your artwork is beautiful :) I wonder if you would consider pitting together a tutorial on putting together the composite images from screenshots? I think they're fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed the posts and I appreciate everyone who took the time to write a comment!

    @Angelya: Thanks for hosting the challenge. It was a great idea and a lot of fun.

    I have been planning on writing a series of posts discussing how to create awesome screenshots, but time has not been kind to me. It's especially hard because I would need to write those at home (so I have access to the screenshots and Photoshop), and I do most of my writing at work.

    But I still want to do those posts, so hopefully you'll see something like that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so looking forward to this one =D

    Not disappointed one bit!

    Thanks for the privilege! Hope to see it continue somewhat!

    - Jamin

    ReplyDelete