16.11.11

Images of Azeroth: 50,000 Words (23/50)




Ironforge Airfield




Pines #4 Source Image

Not much in the way of commentary today. The top image is a 360-degree panorama of the Ironforge Airfield showing some extreme distortion. The effect is quite interesting, and more than a little on the bizarre side.

The second image answers the question I posed yesterday. This is the source image for Pines #4 that I posted yesterday. This image is natural - all the blurring and streaking was done in the camera. The only alterations were the cropping (square, for the win) and colour correction. I love this image in it's raw form, and each adjustment I made was more and more exciting. You can always tell when you've got a really strong image when it can work in multiple different ways and formats.



Angelya over at Revive and Rejuvenate has come up with another Challenge that I, as a Photographer and self-styled Visual Artist, am very excited about. It's IntPiPoMo, or International Picture Posting Month. As a picture is worth 1,000 words, the goal for this challenge is to post 50 pictures during the month of November. I will be posting 25 Images of Azeroth and 25 photographs or art projects that I have been working on personally (and no baby photos, sorry ladies). As well, I will be posting commentary and context with each image.

Please note that all World of Warcraft screenshots are copyright Blizzard Entertainment. The photographs are copyright Brad Stover and should not be reused without permission..

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved this one! The airfield has always been a very interesting place for me. Like a secret place :)

    - Jamin

    ReplyDelete