13.11.11

Images of Azeroth: 50,000 Words (18/50)


Atramedes






Portraits are the professional photographer's bread and butter. They are easy to book, easy to take and can be very lucrative. This image is a family shoot that I did for these clients shortly after replacing my film cameras with a digital SLR. It was done in the late summer just before sunset. This time of day is called the "magic hour" because the quality of the light is just spectacular.


Angelya over at Revive and Rejuvenate has come up with another Challenge that I, as a Photographer and self-styled Visual Artist, am very excited about. It's IntPiPoMo, or International Picture Posting Month. As a picture is worth 1,000 words, the goal for this challenge is to post 50 pictures during the month of November. I will be posting 25 Images of Azeroth and 25 photographs or art projects that I have been working on personally (and no baby photos, sorry ladies). As well, I will be posting commentary and context with each image.

Please note that all World of Warcraft screenshots are copyright Blizzard Entertainment. The photographs are copyright Brad Stover and should not be reused without permission..


3 comments:

  1. Did that family in the second picture stand in the fire?!?!

    Great shot of Atremedes!

    - Jamin

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jamin: No, the family in question are very good at avoiding the bad stuff. :) The Atramedes shot was taken while I was dead and waiting for my raid team to finish him off. If you look closely, you'll see the Heartsong glow from the tip of my Maldo's Sword Cane at the very bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete