12.11.11

Images of Azeroth: 50,000 Words (16/50)


Ahn'Qiraj




The Dock

I tried to come up with some idea or concept to link these two images; I've actually been quite surprised at how well the previous pairings have gone together. But I couldn't really think of anything other than the fact that they're both panoramas.

What these did make me think of was my photography classes back in University. As a studio class, we would put our assignments on the wall and then go around the room and critique each other's images. The most important lesson that I learned from these critiques - apart from the fact that they were held far too early in the morning - was that as an artist, if you can explain or justify why you did something you can pretty much get away with anything. A mistake can become an artistic decision very easily. I learned this lesson extremely well, and a deft combination of fast-talking and quick thinking allowed me to explain away a lot of things that would have otherwise cost me marks.

It's really a pity that they don't offer a degree in Bullshiting, because truly, that's what I learned from those studio classes. I didn't learn the skills I needed as a professional until I started working for one, but that's a story for another post.



Angelya over at Revive and Rejuvenate has come up with another Challenge that I, as a Photographer and self-styled Visual Artist, am very excited about. It's IntPiPoMo, or International Picture Posting Month. As a picture is worth 1,000 words, the goal for this challenge is to post 50 pictures during the month of November. I will be posting 25 Images of Azeroth and 25 photographs or art projects that I have been working on personally (and no baby photos, sorry ladies). As well, I will be posting commentary and context with each image.

Please note that all World of Warcraft screenshots are copyright Blizzard Entertainment. The photographs are copyright Brad Stover and should not be reused without permission..

3 comments:

  1. Whoops, that last comment was Enlynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm speechless with this one!

    These are simply astounding. On a professional level!

    Really nice job there,

    - Jamin

    ReplyDelete