5.11.11

Images of Azeroth: 50,000 Words (Introduction)

November is National Novel Writing Month (or NaNoWriMo); a month where the English language (among others) is tortured, abused, slapped, tickled and polished by thousands of prospective novelists in mostly abortive attempts to write the Next Great Novel. The goal is ambitious: Write 50,000 words within the month of November.

I admire anyone who has the stones to attempt such a herculean task and am in bewildered awe of anyone who actually finishes it. Personally, I would love to attempt it; as with most anyone else on the Internet, I have an idea for a novel that has never seen the light of day. But if I am to be honest with myself, I don't think I would ever be able to properly dedicate myself to it and so it would end up being yet another project that I've taken on which never sees completion. I have enough of those already; anyone remember the Through Your Interface challenge?

However, Angelya over at Revive and Rejuvenate has come up with another Challenge that I, as a Photographer and self-styled Visual Artist, am very excited about. It's IntPiPoMo, or International Picture Posting Month. As a picture is worth 1,000 words, the goal for this challenge is to post 50 pictures during the month of November.

This is right up my alley.

So here we go. It's the 5th today, so I'll be posting 2 images per day for the remainder of November. But of course, it wouldn't be a true Battle Medic challenge if I didn't have some kind of unique spin on it. So rather than simply posting 50 different screenshots of our favourite virtual world, I will be posting 25 Images of Azeroth and 25 photographs or art projects that I have been working on personally (and no baby photos, sorry ladies). As well, I will be posting commentary and context with each image.

Look for the first post a little later today.

As well, on a personal note, I hope to get back to posting more regularly than I have been lately. Two posts a month on Battle Medic is unacceptable to me. I really appreciate those of you who have stuck around and kept checking the blog during this little unannounced and unexpected hiatus. Look for a lot of action here at Battle Medic over the next little while!


Images 1 and 2: Darkshore and Sturgeon Fog
Images 3 and 4: Grim Batol and Sunset in Copper
Images 5 and 6: Scoured Reaches and Pines #3
Images 7 and 8: Halls of Reflection and Sunset in Motion
Images 9 and 10: Stormwind After Deathwing and Of Light and Darkness
Images 11 and 12: Badlands Tree and Untitled Abstract
Images 13 and 14: The Greymane Wall and Grain
Images 15 and 16: Ahn'Qiraj and The Dock
Images 17 and 18: Atramedes and a Family Portrait
Images 19, 20 and 21: Dalaran, Pines #4 and Bonus Dwarfling Pic
Images 22 and 23: Ironforge Airfield and Pines #4 Source
Images 24 and 25: Gnomus Dramaticus and Tanya



3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your awesome images Fannon! I actually thought you were going to write 50000 words this month with that title and I came to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant, Fannon... I'm so looking forward to seeing your images of both worlds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Project! and it's an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete