19.11.11

Images of Azeroth: 50,000 Words (29/50)


Stranglethorn





The Pond

Art can be a lot of different things. It can be ugly and yet important and thought provoking, or it can be beautiful simply for beauty's sake. I think in many ways photography can capture uncomplicated beauty better than any other medium because the artist can choose to step out of the way and let an image speak for itself. This is a strength, but it also the reason why fine art photography is often treated as less than "real" art. In a lot of my previous posts I have been showing you my attempts to break out of that and explore the areas that photography has difficulty depicting. This image, on the other hand, is more about conveying a single, simple idea: Damn, that's pretty.



Angelya over at Revive and Rejuvenate has come up with another Challenge that I, as a Photographer and self-styled Visual Artist, am very excited about. It's IntPiPoMo, or International Picture Posting Month. As a picture is worth 1,000 words, the goal for this challenge is to post 50 pictures during the month of November. I will be posting 25 Images of Azeroth and 25 photographs or art projects that I have been working on personally (and no baby photos, sorry ladies). As well, I will be posting commentary and context with each image.

Please note that all World of Warcraft screenshots are copyright Blizzard Entertainment. The photographs are copyright Brad Stover and should not be reused without permission..

1 comment:

  1. Surprisingly the second picture actually caught my eye more this time around. Really.. not sure how to describe it. Feels like your in the eye of the storm :)

    - Jamin

    ReplyDelete