11.12.10

Cataclys-meme response

Janyaa over at Muradin Musings posted a list of questions asking about initial impressions of Cataclysm which incidentally coincides with Blog Azeroth's current Shared Topic.  Since this blog is very new, and I'm not above cheap and easy content, here are my answers.

1. Disk or Download?
Disk. I bought the Collectors Edition on Tuesday in the late morning. More for the L’il Deathwing pet than anything. I was a little worried that I would have a tough time finding one, but my local Future Shop had stacks of them.

2. Did you experience any difficulties? IE: Login servers crashing, late delivery, etc?
No problems at all when I installed it. There was no queue on Tuesday afternoon when I logged in for the first time. I did run into a nasty bug that made the boat from Stormwind Harbour to Darnassus disappear, tho.

3. What are you doing first? IE: Speed leveling to 85, rolling a new race, completely avoiding the new content, etc?
Leveling to 85. It’s now official, my Paladin is my main. I didn’t even give my priest a second glance before beginning to level the Pally.

4. Mt. Hyjal or Vash'jir?
Hyjal. I actually meant to do Vashj’ir first, but my brain got mixed up and I ended up going through the Hyjal portal instead. By that time it was “Meh… I’m here already”.

5. Worgen or Goblin?
Both, eventually. I created the Worgen druid that I’ve been itching to create since I heard that there was another druid option other than Night Elves (eeewwwwww). The Worgen don’t look as cool as I was hoping for. I created a goblin on a different server and they look awesome! Finding a great name for a gobbo was a lot harder than I thought, tho.

6. Questing, dungeons or both?
Both, of course. With 100k xp for just doing your daily random Cataclysm dungeon, why wouldn’t you? I’ve already got some great gear out of Blackrock Caverns, and the dungeons are not nearly as hard as everyone was saying in Beta (50 Whacks with a Wet Nerf Bat). As of this writing, I am just about to ding 82 and most of the way through Hyjal. The only problem I’ve found with dungeons is being required to find the Entrance before you can queue for it in the Dungeon Finder. I love that idea in theory, but it’s annoying in practice.

7. What was the first piece of gear you replaced and with what?
My retribution set is being completely dismantled now. One of the very first quests gave me a new 2-handed green sword to replace my Tyrannical Beheader axe from the ICC 5 mans. As of now, I’m in about ½ quest greens/dungeon blues. My holy gear hasn't really been touched yet, however. I think I have only a new trinket from BRC and maybe one green upgrade.

8. Did you take any time off from work or school?
No, sadly. I had Tuesday off, but that’s it.

9. Will you be keeping the same spec and main, or changing to a different toon?
I changed my main halfway through Icecrown Citadel, so I think I’m good for now.

10. What's been your favorite aspect of Cataclysm so far?
New content is new! (I just lost the game, btw). Also, this is the first expansion that I’ve been max level for and it’s been interesting to see the mayhem that is the leveling zones. It’s amazing seeing dozens upon dozens of people all doing the same quests. The gigantic pile of bones around Baron Geddon in Hyjal was seriously impressive to see.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Fannon!

    Nice to see your blog up and running. Thanks for posting your meme. :)

    I look forward to reading much more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janyaa,

    Thanks for the encouragement and for adding me to your blogroll! And thank you for being my first commentor!

    ReplyDelete