7.4.11

Day Seven: Why This is Dwarven Battle Medic

This post is part of a series "20 Days of... WoW Blogging Challenge", a blogging challenge suggested by Saga at Spellbound. She proposes twenty questions to be answered in twenty days and I, foolishly, have decided to take up this most daunting task because clearly my schedule is not full enough.


DAY SEVEN: WHY THIS IS DWARVEN BATTLE MEDIC

As I mentioned in Day Two, the key thing that finally made me decide to start a blog is when I thought of a name for it.

Before I had actually decided to start a blog I had started brainstorming names for the blog, just for fun; some of which are now quite embarrassing.  I thought of calling it, among other things, Fail Angel Mindfreak, a tribute to I Like Bubbles, but thought that would be a little too priest specific.  And well, the Fail Angel wasn't my idea and I wanted something wholly my own.  Into the Dungeon with Shield and BookExtremely Squishy Heals (a tribute to Saunder and referring to my Priest's tendency to splatter violently in the slightest breeze), and names based on various different talents or abilities were names I considered and rejected as just... wrong.

The epiphany came in mid-December during a particularly slow Saturday at work.  Battle Medic.  I was so excited when I wrote that down.  It was unique.  It spoke of how I thought of my healers, it wasn't class specific but it was very indicative of the topic that I wanted to discuss.  It just lacked a certain... something.

I stared a the page that I had scrawled Battle Medic in my chicken-scratch handwriting and tried to wrap my head around it. The idea that I was going to start a blog that day had very suddenly become perfectly real, but I had to perfect the name.

Battle Medic.

I thought that it needed a descriptor of some kind to make it more Warcrafty. Azerothian Battle Medic? No. Stormwind Battle Medic? Definitely not. What about Ironforge Battle Medic. Now this had some possibilities, but didn't quite roll off the tongue.

Then I scribbled DWARVEN BATTLE MEDIC in caps on the page and, at least in my head, my blog was born.

Since I wrote that down on that fateful December afternoon I have established a whole new identity. Battle Medic has become (again, at least in my mind) a brand name. It has caught my imagination in a way that nothing really has in a long time.

Yesterday, DAY SIX: DWARVEN BATTLE DESK
Tomorrow, DAY EIGHT: 10 THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE BATTLE MEDIC BUT WERE AFRAID TO ASK

   

No comments:

Post a Comment